Keywords in your Content and Content with Keywords
I don't claim the SEO title but at the same time I have practiced SEO best standards before SEO was an industry. It's interesting that 4 basic requirements go unattended on so many websites. Even IT websites often are poorly planned.
Everyone has a really cool website but cool when you have to tell a friend go to Xy2UzulKeywordSEOcom.com .
Wouldn't it be nicer to have something like, Search for "Best SEO" and you're find me or "Best Technical Support".
For starters let's get your company name to appear. That might be easier and most of all it's what you need in the first place.
Before you begin I'd like for you to read your own website.
Start with the upper left corner and read from top to bottom and left to right.
The scoring list is what I use. It keeps you on focus and removes the question, "Did I add enough?".
If you start asking yourself the question "Did I add enough keywords to the page?" I'm going to guess your users are thinking .....
"Would you stop repeating the same stuff, we get the point, you're about computers, ok, stop, seriously, not another keyword, forget it, it's too hard to deal with your site when you feel it's only keywords and not the content that's important. I thought I could learn but I've just wasted my time and I'll never be back."
Because I read SEO work from others if I see "Packing" I just leave the site without any rewards offered to them, like a good comment or a Google +1. But, when I read a well thoughtout and planned keyword packed page I will ever feel it and that my friends is how you keyword your content. It's also the difference between a Pro and a ... keyword packing site.
While you are reading note the following.
- Words used in static links, note the word and the number of times it appears on your page. Do this for every word.
- Write the word down and add one point each time you see it in your page.
- Add a second point to each word you use in your links
- Subtract a point for any word that is not related to the content of your page.
- Subtract a point from every word that is not related to the theme of your site (Search category)
- Add your name or a phrase only your site will display. This could be a number or slogan and place it at the bottom of your page.
- Add one point for word groups and search phrases that match a static link in your page.
- Subtract a point when you find your first Keyword packed sentence that doesn't seem to be made by a human or part of any logical communications. (In other words, you packed words at some point with the hopes it will increase your page rank. It does, but for a short period of time only.
Next I'll have to start the slow but very effective method of updating your page and leaving it alone.
I don't know any "Quick" keyword search tricks that will get your keywords showing up in minutes. I can say that I don't have a problem getting pages listed which in a measurement of time is about 3 minutes to 24 hours on active sites and 24 to 72 hours on inactive sites.