Format your Question for Tuesday Technicians Day.
Many questions will be answered online only. If you include your email address or create a service ticket you will receive an email when your question is answered.
Most times Tuesday Technician days are used to follow up on the "Free" services.
(Free basic technical advice and support limited to remote or email. It keeps technicians up on todays computer issues in the fast lane of real-world learning.)
Formatting your post is the most important thing you can do.
Like email technical support if you don't give all the proper information your support is going to be more like a Question and Answer period before troubleshooting starts.
To avoid this long boring process here's what we would like for you to do on every question.
Computer Hardware Questions:
- Make and Model of your computer
- Make and Model of component parts if custom computer
- Operating System, Version Number and Service Pack
- List the last 3 things you did with your computer before the issue.
- If installing new hardware give Make, Model, Manufacturer of new hardware
Computer Software Questions:
- Manufacturer, Make, Model of your computer
- Amount of Memory your computer has.
- Amount of Hard Drive Space Available
- Operating System, Version Number, Service Pack or Patches
- New Software Manufacturer Name
- New Software Name and Version
- Error Codes or Messages
- At what point does the software fail
- Website Programming Language
- URL of page or pages in question
- Error Codes and Messages
- Code from page causing error (only the lines causing the error)
- What the page is designed to do
This should be a good start and your questions.
We have always edited the post that gives the solution to your problem and placed it in the first post. We will ask all members to do the same. This method allows others to quickly find similar questions and the answer just below the question.
We just hate having to scroll down 50 replies to find our answer and you might feel the same.
It's best to write up your computer, network or server issue with all the information we need in notepad or a word document and then paste it into the message box below.
This service is as is and is not part of the services that keep this site running. Questions are taken in order of date and geographical location. (Sorry Call Center India, you're last on the list. And for College Students, we know a final exam question when we see it.)